VersaSync Rugged GPS Time & Frequency Reference System
All-in-One Time & Frequency Solution
VersaSync is a high performance GPS master clock and network time server that delivers accurate, software configurable time and frequency signals under all circumstances, including GNSS-denied environments. Its compact size and high level of ruggedization make VersaSync suitable for mobile applications in harsh environments. Its small footprint allows for easy integration of the time and frequency functionality into systems architecture.
Low SWaP High Performance Time Server
VersaSync is a low SWaP, high-performance GNSS master clock and network time server that delivers accurate, software configurable time and frequency signals under all circumstances, including GNSS-denied environments.
Highly Reliable, Versatile, and Configurable Solution
VersaSync physical inputs and outputs are software configurable and can adapt to various application
requirements for mission-to-mission configurability. I/O pins can be configured as TTL, 10 V pulse, RS232, or RS485. This allows VersaSync to provide a high number of outputs of the same, or different types, while still fitting into a small form factor. However, if the combination of software configurable outputs is not enough, VersaSync can accommodate an option board, designed to customer requirements to provide additional outputs of the standard types or future interfaces (IRIG-AM). VersaSync is designed for exceptional intrinsic reliability. Comprehensive status monitoring capability, either locally or remotely, allows quick fault diagnoses. Physical alarm (dry contact) and network alarms (SNMP traps) are raised in real time. An internal, exportable log can be accessed either locally or remotely.
A Perfect Fit for GNSS-Denied Environments
VersaSync accommodates a wide range of precision oscillators, allowing the unit to maintain frequency and time accuracy for long periods of GPS/GNSS outage. These options include OCXO quartz oscillators and a micro-rubidium option, which brings unprecedented time stability and reliability in such a compact form factor. In addition, it can be re-synchronized by an alternative external reference.
VersaSync Delivers Resilient PNT and Mission Timing & Sync on Tactical Vehicles
A leading defense contractor needed a mobile, rugged mission timing and sync reference that could distribute accurate timing to network devices onboard tactical vehicles. Specifically, they needed a device that could provide mission timing accuracy 24 hours per day in hostile, GPS-denied environments.
Synchronizing Resilient PNT Test Range Data
A defense customer needed a time synchronization solution for test range data to replace a legacy radio frequency distribution system.
REQUEST A QUOTE
- GNSS master clock and NTP/PTP time server
- Low size, weight and power
- Ruggedized (MIL-STD-810G)
- High versatility with software configurable inputs/outputs
- Design can be efficiently customized to match specific customer requirements
- Easy integration due to small footprint and low power consumption
- Operational Readiness
- 1PPS time of day available (hot start)
- 60 s: 1ms accuracy to UTC
- 200 s: 1µs accuracy to UTC
- Size (WxHxD): 5.8” x 2.5” x 5.0” (147.3 x 127.5 x 63.0 mm) VITA 75 compliant
- Weight: 0.91 kg (2.0 lbs)
- Mounting: On a plate, optimized for conduction cooling, 6 through holes
- Input Voltage: 10-32 VDC
- Typical Power Draw: <25 W (with OCXO)
- Standby mode (only oscillator is powered): 0.4 W, DC power supply must be within 10 – 32 VDC
- Tested to MIL-STD-810G CH1
- Temperature, in operation: -40°C to +71°C with
- OCXO (-10°C to +45°C with mRO-50)
- Mounting plate temperature, in storage: -45°C to
- Humidity: 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 45,000 ft
- Environmental Protection: IP 65
- Vibration MIL-STD-810G CH1 Method 514.7,
- Categories 12,13,14,20,21,24
- Shock: 20 g, 11 ms, sawtoot