Survival Emergency Locator Transmitter
Orolia’s Ultima-S is a new generation ELT compliant with the lithium batteries special conditions requirement set by the FAA and EASA. It is designed to be installed in the aircraft cabin as well as in life rafts and offers various installation configurations either through a mounting bracket or with a bag.
Return Link Service (RLS)
Ultima-S includes a distress acknowledgment capability based on Galileo Return Link Service (RLS), which provides a visual indicator to the user that the distress message has been successfully received on the ground. This capability is subject to country regulations.
The beacon’s location is determined through its embedded GNSS receiver, using both GPS and Galileo satellite constellations for faster signal detection and robust position acquisition.
Compliant with the EASA / FAA special conditions
Ultima-S combines the latest generation of lithium battery technology and a smart design, which enables the unit to comply with the latest FAA / EASA lithium battery requirements (DO-227A & (E)TSO-142b).
Manual and Automatic Activation
The unit can be manually activated by the crew members through the ELT’s switch and is also automatically activated immersed in water
Ultima-S is available in buoyant version, (category A) for cabin integration, and for life raft applications. Both versions can be mounted firmly either horizontally or vertically on a bracket, and requires little storage room, thanks to their compact design. The mounting bracket is optimized for quick and easy, one hand, extraction. A bag is also available.
Orolia’s Ultima-S ELT Receives Certification from the International Cospas-Sarsat Programme and the European Union Safety Agency
Orolia, the world leader in resilient positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) that was recently acquired by Safran Electronics and Defense, recently received certifications from the International Cospas-Sarsat Programme and the European Union Safety Agency for the Ultima-S survival emergency locator transmitter (ELT).
Safran, formerly Orolia, Launches Aviation ELT Exchange Program for Lithium Battery Compliance
Orolia to Launch its first Virtual Tradeshow to Exhibit World Leading Aircraft Solutions
Guidel, France- June 9, 2020 – Orolia is pleased to invite the media and the public to our Virtual Orolia Air Show, an online platform to connect with the global aviation industry from the 23-26 June. As the aviation industry is deeply impacted in daily operations and trade shows are on hold, Orolia is highlighting…
How to Test the Galileo Return Link Service Option on your Beacon
Orolia has been one of the world’s first manufacturer to provide various beacons enabled with Galileo RLS ready to market for both aviation and maritime sectors. But, did you know that Orolia GNSS Simulators are capable of testing the RLS signal reception?
Orolia Delivers Operational Galileo & Return Link Rescue Solutions for Aviation Beacons
Orolia has recently been recognized by the European GNSS Agency (GSA) as the world’s first manufacturer to provide Galileo RLS Beacons ready to market for both aviation and maritime sectors.
REQUEST A QUOTE
- Compliant with the EASA / FAA special conditions
- Easy integration through various installation options
- Manual & automatic activation upon contact with water
- Two-frequency transmitter (121.5 / 406MHz)
- User’s accurate location
- Return link service (RLS)
- Product type: Category A; Class 2, Cospas Sarsat ELT(S)
- Activation: Manual and water switch (cat A variants).
- Signal / message: 406 MHz, First Generation Beacon; programmable protocols
- 121.5 MHz homing signal
- 243MHz military homing signal
- Location: GPS and Galileo L1 internal receiver.
- Distress acknowledgment through Galileo RLS Type 1
- Battery type: Lithium, MnO2
- Battery life: 6 years
- Dimensions with antenna: 320 mm x 200 mm x 105 mm
- Weight: 1.94 kg kg (with bracket)
- Mounting: horizontal or vertical with bracket, bag
- Programming: PR600 programmer or dongle, via dedicated connector
- RFID tag
- Cospas Sarsat short self-test and GNSS self-test
- Temperature environment:
- -20 °C – +55 °C for full operating lifetime
- -20°C – +30°C storage
- Approval and certifications:
- Cospas Sarsat TAC 2350, 350
- E)TSO-C126c, (E)TSO-C142b