Designed to address advanced, tactical grade inertial applications, the MS1000 is a new class of high performance accelerometers, based on…
Safran designs and manufactures high-precision tactical grade MEMS Accelerometer sensors and inclinometers for demanding applications in the Defense, Aerospace, Industrial, and Commercial markets. Safran’s journey as a global leader in MEMS technology spans decades. Our extensive experience has not only honed our expertise but also enabled us to develop ITAR-free solutions. This means our MEMS technology is readily available for a wide range of applications, without the constraints of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
In the Defense industry, where every move counts, Safran’s solutions provide the crucial data required for mission success. Meanwhile, in the Aerospace industry, our MEMS technology keeps aircrafts safe and efficient, making flight experiences smoother and more reliable.
Beyond critical applications, our technology is indispensable in the Industrial and Commercial sectors. Whether it’s ensuring precise orientation of heavy machinery in a factory or enhancing navigation systems in your smartphone, Safran’s MEMS sensors are utilized in various products and solutions across the world.
Why Choose Safran MEMS Accelerometers?
- Cost-Efficiency: Low cost, low power requirements, and compact design.
- Versatility: Built for demanding environments like Oil & Gas, Defense, and Space industries.
- Extreme Durability: Withstands up to 6,000g shock, suitable for rugged applications.
- Unmatched Stability: Over 20X better bias stability, even in high temperatures (150°C – 175°C).
- Gun-Hard Performance: Handles shocks up to 20,000g, ideal for intense applications.
- Precision: Offers superior stability and precision compared to alternative solutions.
- Quality Assurance: 100% of parts are rigorously tested over the full temperature and dynamic range.
- Legacy of Trust: Over 30 years of experience playing a pivotal role in powering modern technology.
UAV & ROV Autopilot
Any sensor fixed to either UAV or ROV systems must be light and small and must have a low power consumption. In addition, high shocks resistance is a key element to keep the integrity of the IMU in case of crash. In terms of accuracy, the IMUs integrated on professional drones, should deliver accuracies corresponding to the Inertial Tactical Grade. Accelerometers of the Inertial Tactical Grade will have bias repeatability performances of around 1 mg.
Test & Measurement
Test and measurement applications are spread out in various sectors – automotive, railways, defense and aerospace. Safran’s MEMS vibration sensor SI1000 is designed for test and measurement applications.
North finding is critical for tactical navigation and target orientation localization. It is used either in fixed static observation systems or in hand-held portable devices. MS1000 implements an innovative microelectromechanical design and electronics which unleash unbeatable performances with regard to the long term bias and scale factor repeatability, in-run bias and vibration rectification error (VRE).
Safran MEMS Accelerometers Ensuring Safer Railways
Safran has emerged as a leader in the development of cutting-edge accelerometers for railway applications