Miniature, Low SWaP-C Atomic Frequency Source
What is SWaP-C?
Size, Weight, Power and Cost.
Multiplied together, they produce a number that limits the possible use cases the higher it is, particularly in application areas where these factors count:
- When payload is measured to the gram
- When you don’t have an inch to space
- When power needs to be conserved
- When cost is critical
The mRO-50 is a breakthrough low SWaP-C Miniaturized Rubidium Oscillator designed to meet the latest commercial, military and aerospace requirements where time stability and power consumption are critical.
It provides a one day holdover below 1µs and a retrace below 1 x 10-10 in a form factor (50.8 x 50.8 x 19.5mm) that takes up only 51 cc of volume (about one-third of the volume compared to standard rubidiums) and consumes only 0.45W of power, or about ten times less than existing solutions with similar capabilities.
The mRO-50 Miniaturized Rubidium Oscillator provides accurate frequency and precise time synchronization to mobile applications, such as military radio-pack systems in GNSS denied environments. Its wide-ranging operating temperature of -40°C to +80°C is ideal for applications in extreme environments.
More questions? Visit our Atomic Clocks FAQ page.
REQUEST A QUOTE
- One-day holdover below 1µs
- High accuracy and stability atomic frequency clock
- Low SWaP-C (Size, Weight, Power and Cost)
- Enhanced MAC (Miniature Atomic Clock) technology
- Standard quartz oscillator pinouts
- MAC / SA.3x compatible pinouts
- RoHS compliant
- Extended Temperature range option : -40° to +80°C
- APPLICATIONS: Telecom, Navigation, Broadcast, Defense, Battery Powered Instruments
- Size: 50.8 x 50.8 x 19.5 mm (± 0.4 mm)
- Weight: 75 g max. (70g typ.)
- Volume: < 51 cc
- Cell Lifetime / MTBF: 10 years / 155860 hours at +25°C
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +80°C (option E80)
- Input Power: 0.45W steady state 1.5W start-up