Inertial Navigation + Resilient Time and Frequency
A new Autonomous and Sovereign Position, Navigation, and Timing: PNT and map data combine to create the GPS service. Solution
Today, operating in a GNSS-denied environments due to jamming, spoofing or lack of signals is a major challenge. All onboard systems must be precisely geolocated and synchronized to provide consistent, reliable and time-stamped information under all conditions.
Safran Electronics & Defense has developed a compact, hybrid navigation system allowing special forces to operate in an increasingly complex and uncertain environment. The system’s capabilities combine the GEONYX™ M inertial navigation system with the VersaSync® time/frequency platform, both being Safran Electronics & Defense products.
Together, they handle the transmission of trusted position, navigation and timing data to ensure mission continuity. NAVKITE takes full advantage of Safran’s proven PNT expertise to provide navigation integrity and performance on land or sea, over long periods of time and under the most demanding conditions.
NAVKITE stands out as a technological breakthrough in resilient PNT to meet demanding military requirements.
Safran introduces NAVKITE, a new resilient PNT system developed with French navy commandos
At the SOFINS 2023 Special Forces seminar and exhibition, Safran Electronics & Defense is introducing its new resilient PNT (position, navigation, timing) system, dubbed NAVKITE, to meet operational requirements for the French Navy Commandos (part of Special Operations Command).
REQUEST A QUOTE
- Flexible Interfaces
- Embedded Global navigation satellite system (GNSS): A general term describing any satellite constellation that provides positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) services on a global or regional basis. See also receiver
- Available in SP, HP and XP Performance
- Fully integrated and autonomous
- ITAR free
- Size (W x D x H): 538 x 415 x 300 mm
- Weight: 29 kg (Pb)
- Protection: IP67
- Shock: 30g 18 ms half-sine in all 3 axes
- Immune to magnetic stress & high vibrations/
- Device for measuring or maintaining orientation, based on the principles of angular momentum. See also technology: HRG Crystal™