Multi-Antenna GNSS Simulation for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
Problem We Solve
When testing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) such as drones, GNSS simulators can generate a signal to represent the UAV. But how those vehicles interact with others and perform in GPS and GNSS-denied environments can make all the difference in their performance. And many drone applications rely on multiple antennas for positioning and heading.
Why it is Important
In case of a spoofing attack, embedded sensors might receive compromised data to make the unmanned vehicle drift from its initial trajectory. By testing unmanned vehicles before sending them on the field, you will be able to configure them properly to react to jamming and spoofing attacks.
Thorough test plans should account for as many scenarios as possible to ensure the safety of the end product. A GPS/GNSS simulator makes it possible to simulate the actual GPS signal required by the vehicle, and in cases described above, the ability to simulate multiple RF signals for multi-antenna UAVs.
How We Solve it
- Our Skydel Software running on a GSG-8 Simulator offers a multi-instance feature that most simulators on the market do not.
- From a single master Skydel instance, several Skydel slave instances running on the same hardware, can be controlled, each one representing an independent trajectory, vehicle, or antenna. This allows you perform multi-antenna GNSS simulation.
- Because they run on the same hardware, additional problems like time synchronization are solved for you.
This provides the tester with unmatched levels of control, ease, and flexibility in simulating multiple RF signals without requiring the purchase of additional hardware. The Skydel GSG-8 simulator supports up to four simultaneous instances: vehicles, trajectories, or independent signals from one device. If you need more instances, thanks to our COTS hardware-powered architecture, it’s as easy as adding more GPUs, making this the most scalable, cost-effective multi-antenna simulation solution in the world.
Why Choose Us?
- Skydel is the most cost-effective solution for nearly any multi-antenna GNSS simulation application – including UAV flight simulation.
- Skydel is designed for the high iteration rate required to run real-time simulations of UAVs in close proximity.
- Our Real-Time Perfomance Measurement Tools enable you to interpret data, adjust scenarios, and reduce inefficiencies on-the-fly.
- Because Skydel is powered by COTS hardware (GPUs and SDRs), it’s easy to scale a solution to your exact needs, adding no more or less than necessary.
- Our automation features make repeating and iterating your tests easy, giving you more time to test, and more confidence in your live application.
- Our client-side API supporting multiple languages enables customization to your needs.
- Our community of experts, best-in-class documentation, and outstanding support team will be there every step of the way to support you with any questions or issues you run into. We won’t allow you to fail!
- We are the performance testing simulation solution of choice for the United States Air Force and defense forces around the world.
Discuss Your Solution