# Use Cases
High Accuracy Timing for Managed Service Providers
Problem We Solve
Improve monitoring capability, including accuracy and precision within their infrastructures and democratize high resolution time-based services to their client communities.
Why it is Important
- Better accuracy and precision between trading sites
- Automatic failover between GNSS sources at geographically diverse sites
- Simplification of existing PTP network designs with improved accuracy
- Improved accuracy and precision for timestamping cards or switches
- Removal of requirement for PPS coaxial cabling within timing infrastructure
- Reduction in overall timing infrastructure
How We Solve it
The WR-Z16 is a standalone device with 16 SFP connectors which provides sub-nanosecond accuracy time over plug-and-play optical fiber links. The WR-Z16 provides very precise IEEE 1588-2008 (PTP) in all its optical interfaces and supports NTP interoperability. Picosecond-level frequency distribution is available through a fully digital clock. The WR-Z16 incorporates failover mechanisms which combine multi-source redundancy and holdover capabilities to ensure continuous operation.
White Rabbit provides sub-nanosecond level accuracy for all time stamped traffic passing
through the infrastructure. This increases monitoring capability, improves historical data capture and introduces the possibility of additional client facing services related to timing.
Subsequently, enabling offerings of high precision timestamp file based services and White Rabbit co-location access to trading participants.
Why Choose Us
- Multi-port synchronization fanout
- 16 x WR, HATI, IEEE 1588 PTPv2 and NTP interoperability optical interfaces.
- Multi-source time references
- Failover mechanisms
- Automatic switchover
- Time traceability for regulatory purposes
- Extended monitoring and management tools (authentication, SNMP, security)
- Redundant power supply and fans
- Serial and Ethernet RJ45 ports
Discuss Your Solution
The reliable precise time fan-out for White Rabbit distribution on 1G Ethernet-based networks
Reach out today to assess your options.