Deutsche Börse deploys White Rabbit solution
Deutsche Börse, a German exchange deployed White Rabbit to improve accuracy and precision for internal timestamping via FPGA based switches.
Timestamping was across all participant CROSS-connects in co-location, totalling 500+ ports, 60 devices and 4 data center modules. White Rabbit provides sub-nanosecond level accuracy for all time stamped traffic passing through the infrastructure. This increases monitoring capability, improves historical data capture and introduces the possibility of additional client facing services related to timing.
Subsequently, Deutsche Börse offered high precision timestamp file based services and White Rabbit co-location access to their trading participants.
Why White Rabbit?
Designed to improve, augment or replace existing timing infrastructure, White Rabbit drives value to exchanges by providing:
- Increased accuracy and precision for internal timestamping using cards or switches
- Time synchronization resilience with automatic failover between GNSS sources at geographically diverse sites
- Simplification of existing PTP network designs with improved accuracy
- Removal of PPS coaxial cabling within timing infrastructure
- The infrastructure to generate revenue driven time-based services such as data capture files or timing feeds to market participants