Science & Metrology
Scientific installations and research institutes worldwide need precise timing to support critical network operations. Network accuracy, security, compliance, and best practices require the most resilient timing synchronization that Safran can provide. Whenever accuracy, safety, security, and reliability are critical, Safran leads the way.
High Energy Physics (HEP)
Ensuring accurate timing is crucial for the proper functioning, optimization, and safety of particle accelerators
Safran to Supply Programmable White-Rabbit Node for the SKA Telescope
Safran to supply UTC dissemination based on White-Rabbit nodes providing high accuracy timing for SKA, the world’s largest and most powerful distributed radio telescope. A milestone in space exploration, the SKA Telescope PPS Distribution System will consist of thousands of antennas and dishes spread across Australia and South Africa synchronized through White Rabbit.
Safran Unites Its Advanced Expertise and Global Activities in PNT Technology Under Expanding Navigation & Timing Business
Navigation & Timing integrates Safran’s positioning, navigation, and timing portfolio beside its high-tech optronics, avionics, electronics, and critical software solutions
Safran acquires Orolia and plans to become the world leader in resilient PNT
After an exclusive negotiation process, Orolia joins Safran Electronics & Defense, the European leader in inertial navigation systems.
- Ultra-stable low-noise RF electronics
- Customized or standard crates (Compact PCI-e Serial, uTCA or standalone solutions).
- Real-time embedded system based on the latest FPGAs and SoCs.
- Individualized Control system Solutions based on EPICS frameworks (including EPICS 7).
- Radio-over-Ethernet for highly stable frequency dissemination and time transfer based on White Rabbit & IEEE-1588 protocols with sub-nanosecond accuracy.
- High reliable and real-time diagnosis and post-mortem analysis.
- Adaptive Fast-control systems.
- Deterministic Ethernet Communication (Time Sensitive Networking).