Local Oscillator Distributor (LOD)
Double 1:16 ultra low-noise RF signal splitter
The “Local Oscillator Distributor” (LOD) is a double 1:16 ultra low-noise RF signal splitter whose main functionality is the distribution of sine clocks with minimal degradation at short distances ( tens of meters). For large distance please consider to use the specifically designed timing products.
The system FPGA is dedicated to configure and monitoring the RF signals. An embedded softprocessor is used to provide a simple remote interface to the users. It is complemented with an EPICS driver based on Asyn and StreamDevice module, fully compliant with the EPICS official specifications.
LOD can be handled through the Ethernet port and the SCPI protocol. This SCPI protocol was released as an additional layer for the IEEE-488.2 standard, used for controlling and monitoring the instruments through GPIB.
REQUEST A QUOTE
- Number of input clocks: 2 (sinusoidal)
- Maximum input power: +12dBm
- Number of output clocks: 2×16 (sinusoidal)
- Output power: Input power + 5dBm
- Additive phase noise (10 Hz to 1MHz): < 5fs RMS at 380Mz
- Physical dimensions: 19 inch, 1UA rack
- Remote control system: EPICS and friendly user interface